Online guitar lessons
with Chris Harper
Learn from home in these uncertain times...
Catering for a variety of styles in particular: CLASSICAL, FLAMENCO, ROCK and BLUES.
About Online guitar lessons
Your COMPLETELY FREE initial 15 minute online guitar lesson
I offer a free 15 minute initial online guitar lesson because in my experience in that time we can sort out the technology, say hello and get some idea of how I can help you, then we have a plan for going ahead with full lessons.
I’m happy to hold the lessons via either Skype, Facetime or Zoom, just get in touch and let me know your preference.
Once we start full lessons I’ll look at the music that you want to play and work out a plan of how to get there. Over the years I’ve taught most styles of music in particular CLASSICAL, FLAMENCO, ROCK, BLUES and FOLK but I just love music so whatever interests you I’m sure I can help in some way!
Initial 15 minute lesson COMPLETELY FREE
£17 for 30 minutes
£25 for 45 minutes
Ages 13 and above only.
how it works
Initial FREE 15 minute lesson
- send me an email via my CONTACT FORM saying that you’d like your free 15 minute lesson and give me 2/3 days/times in order of preference. Also tell me which platform you’d like to use: Skype/Facetime/Zoom.
- I’ll then respond with current availability.
- If we’re both happy we’ll confirm the day and time and I’ll call you via your preferred platform at the allotted time.
- You need to agree a day and time with me via email first.
- Then I’ll send you a link to a private ‘Buy Lessons’ page where you can pay for your lesson. The lesson money must be in my account at the latest 1 hour before the lesson is due to commence but obviously I’d prefer it if it was a bit earlier than that.
- Once you have paid for a lesson you’ll receive a confirmation email and I’ll then call you via your preferred platform at the allotted time.
Once a lesson has been booked any cancellation must be made the day before the scheduled meeting or the reserved lesson time must be paid for in full.
about Chris Harper
Musically educated to Masters level at Goldsmiths College London I have 20 years of guitar teaching experience in music shops, schools (DBS checked) and privately. I am comfortable teaching a wide variety of musical styles (including classical, blues, flamenco, rock and much more) and am also happy to teach the theory of music having passed grade 8 Theory at the age of 17.
I have been a guitarist since the age of 13 and have been a guitar student of Alan Thomas (classical and flamenco), Pete Boss (blues and rock), Charles Ramirez (classical) and Hugh Turner (jazz, blues, classical) so have a wealth of knowledge and guitar teaching methods at my fingertips.
I have also been a performer for many years both solo and in bands. Most recently I have been performing as a solo classical/flamenco guitarist and as one half of the punk/blues duo Husky Tones. That band ended in 2019 so now I am focusing on two new projects:
‘Land of Kisses and Volcanoes’
A semi-theatrical presentation of classical and flamenco music by ‘A Lovely Coincidence‘
A brand new roots-rock duo with vocalist and multi-instrumentlaist Vix Bourne.
07876 156 171
© Chris Harper 2020